My Very Own Girl

On Tuesday we had our 20 week Ultrasound and found out that our little bundle on the way is in fact a GIRL! 

We couldn't be more ecstatic. 

(Image found on Etsy here)

It is still kind of surreal and so weird to switch out of boy land and start actually allowing myself to look in the girl section at the store or even consider the color pink in a wardrobe. But I can't wait. :) I really just couldn't have loved having a little boy more and started to think that maybe I would just be a Mom of all boys someday. And while I would've been thrilled to have another baby boy, I guess deep down, what Mommy doesn't just crave having a baby girl of her very own?! It will be so great to have one of each and I am so happy that Dan will get to experience with our baby girl the same kind of bond I have with Cal. She will be so lucky to have him for her Daddy!

I'm so excited to meet and hold and nuzzle our little lady! She will make the perfect 4th addition to our family! Now we just need to think of some names. Oh the possibilities......

Calvin is so excited about his baby sister on the way and talks about her all the time. Before our ultrasound he was already pretty sure the baby was a girl and would tell us that most of the time when we'd ask him if he was having a sister or a brother. He is pretty darn convinced that he too has a baby in his tummy. I'm sure it didn't help that today my doctor put "belly jelly" on his tummy just like mine and we both got to listen to our heartbeats. :) Calvin laid next to me on the exam table as still as can be and couldn't have been more fascinated. He was so proud later that he "went to doctor to check on {his} baby".  It was the cutest thing. 
He is going to be the best big brother and I just hope those two will be two little peas in a pod!




The ultrasound went perfectly and everything looks very healthy and exactly as it should. Such a huge and wonderful blessing. We are just praying that the rest of the pregnancy goes as well! 


I also have to mention, that this time around we found out about an over the counter gender test from Intelligender that supposedly can tell you as early as 10 weeks what the gender of your baby is with 90% accuracy. So being the incredibly curious and completely impatient person that I am.....we took a test around 11 or 12 weeks, and the results really did say girl! :) I was very skeptical though and wouldn't have believed anything until we got it confirmed at the Ultrasound. But when we told our tech that the test was right she said that they almost always are with the patients she has seen that have done them. SO CRAZY, huh? Just thought I'd let everyone know....in case you wanna try. :)

Dan wasn't hard to convince though and was completely sold on the fact that it was a girl from then on. He even had the sweetest gift of a few girl clothes and the most darling card waiting for me when we got back to our car after the ultrasound. He is such a sweetheart. Lucky he was right. :)

Comments

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Ashley,
I havent looked at any blogs in ages but this morning I was thinking about you and for some reason wondered if you might be expecting... Congrats! I am so excited for you to have a little girl. Cal is going to LOVE it.

Bart and Michelle said...

How exciting! You will LOVE having one of each! So thrilled for you guys...

Ashley and Aaron said...

Hooray! I seriously love this news and am so happy for you. I liked your posts about Cal...isn't it so fun to just see our little boys learning and talking SO much? Did you ever get my text about meeting Misti Stoddard? Small world. We NEED to come visit you guys soon, it has been too long.

hdawgy said...

I'm so excited for you to have a girl!! Hurry up and pick a name!!! haha