Chit Chat and Rain

It has been raining here....a lot. And we can't get enough. We love the rain and hope it keeps on comin! Cal even got some new rain boots (since he is obsessed with boots in the first place and because I figured it'd be a fun time for him to play with them....given the forecast over the next month). So one afternoon after naps and the rain had died down I took him out in search of a puddle. Unfortunately, only very very weak puddles could be found right by our house but I found a small one nonetheless and held true to my word that he could go splash in some puddles if he slept like a good boy. He was pretty thrilled that he got to wear his boots and that he actually got to put them into action. I just wanted to snap a few pictures but we were right by the street and I didn't want to be distracted for long so I hurried and took a plethora in a matter of 5 minutes. No time for fancy editing, but at least I'm blogging! :)




























Tonight Cal and I were home alone together for dinner since Daddy was working late, and while I made the food, I let him watch an episode of his most favorite show, Little Einsteins. The show ended and I couldn't help but giggle inside when during dinner I got a half hour commentary about the entire show and its plot from the Mr. Man. I couldn't believe it. His vocabulary has just literally exploded lately and I feel like there is almost nothing we can't communicate about anymore. It is so crazy how fast it happens. He wasn't the quickest about starting to talk, but now, its like he is a completely different boy. He told me all about how the "gwumpy wizard put away pwiness bassoon in a castle. Took Quincy's trumpet and put it workshop." Then he asked me "why wizard gwumpy?" I told him there are good guys and bad guys and the wizard wasn't a very nice man. He then said, "Mommy, what bad guys do?" and proceeded to make Pow and Wam sounds and motions while telling me all about the "bad guys". Apparently, he already knew very well what bad guys "do" since he has been running around the house all week with his foam sword stabbing the love sac and in a very super hero tough voice yells "Go Bad Guys". Man I love that kid.


Comments

3 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

so darling, the things kids say! cute pictures and fun memories. now let's see some pictures of this house of yours!!?

Miller Family said...

I have some very similar pictures we took this week. Little boys need to get out energy and puddles are pretty much the funnest way to do it on a rainy day. I love Cal's curly hair!

Marc and Allyson Rogers said...

Doesn't it give you warm fuzzies inside when your sweet, flesh-and-blood votes for the "bad guys"??!! Oh, you must be bringing him up right ... :-) Kids are the best entertainment.