Afternoons with a toddler can be a bit of a challenge. By 4:00 he's well over his nap, bored out of his mind in our shoebox of a hot & dark apartment, and more than ready for Daddy to come bounding through the door bringing with him giggles, energy and some sweet toddler tackle football moves that Cal can't get enough of. Unfortunately though.......we still have 2, maybe 3, hours to go before this time arrives. It's really too late to go anywhere and what I should be doing is starting dinner, but I just can't quite find the motivation to actually do it.
So what to do......Well, I still haven't quite figured that one out. But for now, our afternoons mostly consistent of a lot of running around like crazy from room to room in a diaper, wreaking havoc on our window coverings, and finding any and all toys to try and pounce on and possibly destroy if at all possible. Basically, just doing anything and everything to act like 100% BOY! :) And although oftentimes I just shake my head at a complete loss of how to effectively entertain my little boyfriend, I seem to do the only thing I can think of and that is just laugh, get out my camera, and roll around on the floor and wait as patiently as possible for my favorite man to walk through the door.
Here's a little peek into one such afternoon....Man I LOVE this kid.









Comments
6 comments:
Oh man, our little misters need to get together and entertain each other until the energy is gone. This sounds EXACTLY like my time with Kaden. He wears me out just watching him. He climbs on everything, makes tons of noise, jabbers, runs, jumps, terrorizes the animals, the list goes on. But, I too am like you, just laugh it off and join in the fun. I love the pictures.
Love all the new posts! Cal is so GQ in that second shot...so funny. And amen a million times to your thoughts about the afternoon. I call 4-5pm "the witching hour" because I am worn out, bored and waiting for Aaron to get home and play with Finn. And also, your zoo trip looks so fun! Finn would LOVE that...we'll have to take him to Hogle Zoo one of these days...ya ya ya, I know it's not as good :)
I love that little guy. Good thing these little ones are so cute!
haha fun times! I can totally relate to you on this post! Being a mom is the best!
I am SO familiar with days like those! My favorite thing to do when I'm about to go crazy all cooped up is to go for a walk (if weather permits). The outdoors always poop little boys out and I get some fresh air. Just an idea for you :)
Ps: I would be HONORED if you would take pictures of us! WOW! Seriously, such a treat. Let me know a month ahead or so so I can lose five pounds! haha!
Adorable pics. I totally know how you feel. Isaac often winds up with no pants in the afternoons too because by the time I can wrestle him into a new diaper after his nap, I am totally exhausted and he is off running before I can get his pants back on. I pretty much just let him go since we arent going anywhere and pajama time is just a few hours away anyway!
Post a Comment