First Day in Nursery

Yes, the time has come, the beloved 18 month mark when LDS parents finally get to listen again in church and toddlers get to release their mass amounts of energy on the newly called nursery leaders in their ward and maybe even learn "Popcorn Popping". Calvin has made it! I can't believe how big our little boy is and that he is finally in nursery. He's been 18 months now for nearly a month (those 18 months pics are on their way...I'm just a little behind) and has been enjoying his new activities at church much better than being restrained on Mom and Dad's laps. Cal is mister social and hasn't ever had much separation anxiety, so unlike some kids who have a tough time adjusting to nursery (or being left in general), our little boy usually trots in, starts playing, and waves good bye to us. He does the same thing usually with babysitters too. WHAT??!! Isn't he supposed to be a LITTLE sad when I leave him??? I'm glad he's not super stressed out, but honestly, a little sadness would be nice! Did I do something wrong as a mother?? Haha. Who knows. He's had a little tougher time leaving us since our move when things got a little crazy and he was left behind more often, but for the most part, Cal is just content as long as he has someone, anyone, to play with. Silly kid.

We took these pictures at home after his first real day at nursery. Doesn't he look so big?? What cracks me up the most is that we got all these different expressions out of him in a matter of like 90 seconds. I definitely think they are a window into his little 18 month old personality right now and the silly, funny, crazy, loveable little man he is.







Comments

3 comments:

hdawgy said...

That is awesome! Nursery is great! Corban never had a problem leaving us but we left him all the time cuz I was working full time so you are lucky that Cal doesn't cry for you! Where did you get his church shoes? They are the cutest! I want some for Corban!

Zane and Lexi said...

I think the new nursery age should be about 14 months - that's when they are walking and can't sit still for anything!!!! Since Zane and I are both in auxiliary callings, we had to put the babe in nursery and he LOVES it!! I have a pic to post soon...
Cal is so adorable in his sunday best :)

Lindsay De McBride said...

I am so excited for him that he gets to be big and play at church. Yeah Cal. I can't believe that he is already 18 mo. crazy.