This weekend was just what we needed. It felt so good to get out and do a few things but also stay home and relax the rest of the time and just hang out together. On Friday night Jason and Ginny drove up from San Jose and the 4 of us met the Carpenters and went to Belden Place downtown which is a little street that is supposed to be European style with little cafe's that open to the outside and have seating on the patio. It is a very cute little alley and it's fun to see the huge buildings towering all around you. After dinner we walked around dowtown and enjoyed looking in all the windows and even exploring the edge of China Town a bit. It felt great to walk around outside and enjoy the night time breeze in the city. That night Jason and Ginny slept over and in the morning we went to Mama's for breakfast. We had to hit up two restaurants in a row because Jason and Ginny don't have too many weekends left and we wanted to make sure they got to experience breakfast there. It was delicious as always. After breakfast the Millers headed back to San Jose and Dan and I headed home to spend the rest of the day napping, walking to the library, reading, cleaning, and just plain old relaxing--it was great. On Sunday we did more relaxing at home and even started writing in our new baby book. It was fun writing about some of our history and reminiscing on how we met, etc. Since it was a gorgious day we couldn't help but get out for a Sunday walk at Golden Gate Park as well. April drove over from Oakland to hang out with us for the evening and met us down at the park. Dan & I decided he should drive back up to our house with her but that I should walk the 4 huge hills back home--just in case it put me into labor. :) It didn't, but it was still a great walk and felt so good to be out in the sunshine for a change! I guess I'll have to keep walking some more this week!!!
Ginny, me, and Liz at Brindisi's for dinner
The whole group with Belden Place in the background.
Dan and I at Belden Place
Dan is like the baby tamer! Olivia got in his arms and immediately put her head on his shoulder and just grinned. She stayed like that too forever--I couldn't believe it. He definitely has a way with kids. Let's hope he has the same effect on our little boy! I'm sure he will. :)
Gin and me waiting to go inside Mama's
Finishing a delicious breakfast
Me, Gin, and Jason
On the walk back to our car after breakfast I couldn't help but snap this picture of Dan with this beautiful San Fran view in the background.
A Most Fun & Relaxing Weekend
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Monday, August 13, 2007 | 6 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
6 comments:
even if we're not invited we're coming to visit sometime!!!! i HAVE to see this baby.
I love the pictures, you are so beautiful Ash, I'm so excited for this little guy to come! You need to email me your address because I have something for you! I'm glad you guys have had fun with a ton of visitors, hopefully soon it will be us :)
What a fun bunch! I am jealous!
Ahhh Ashley darling you look so cute! Matt and I have decided on a name for you. We have decided...Schamus! haha, just kidding. Matt likes Oliver and I like...actually I like that too! Good luck! Only 7 days to go!
Come leave your memory on my page!
http://halabalou.blogspot.com/
love
amie
I just heard the news! I cannot believe I didn't hear before, but CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you!
Post a Comment