The 4th of July is one of my all time favorite holidays. I think it is because of all the fun memories I have spending it in Colorado. But even though we weren't able to be in Colorado this year we still had a great time. Dan and I got the bright idea in the morning that we should drive down to Santa Cruz and enjoy a nice warm beach for a change. Unfortunately, it would seem everyone else had the same idea! Although we expected crowds once we got down there we had no idea how packed the 17 freeway would be from San Jose down to Santa Cruz! But despite the long car ride we still had a great time. We picked up our good friend Jason Miller in San Jose on the way down and he spent the afternoon with us. It was great having him with us. We had a relaxing and fun time in the warm sunshine down on the beach by the Santa Cruz Boardwalk amusement park. We played frisbee, got a little sun, had some yummy snacks, and the boys even ventured for a swim. We left in time to beat the crowds home fortunately and our drive was much much faster back up north. We even made it in time to go to Ghirardelli Square/Fisherman's Wharf to watch an amazing fireworks show with a bunch of friends from our ward. I don't have the pictures from that yet because we forgot our camera, but as soon as I get some copies from our friend I will post them too! We really did have a great day! Unfortunately, we must have had a little too much fun because we ended up back in the hosptial for a few hours around 2 am with consistent contractions. Fortunately, they were able to stop them yet again and the baby is fine. They think I just contract a lot more easily than most people. So as long as nothing is progressing as far as real active labor then the doctors aren't too concerned. They still just want me to take it easy and monitor things over the next couple weeks until I'm in 'safe' territory. I think the combination of the busy day and some dehydration just added up to no good. But luckily everything is fine and we'll see how things go the next few weeks!
Enjoying the sunshine!
The boys after their freezing cold swim!
4th of July Fun!
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 | 1 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
1 comments:
Dang..who is that hottie with his shirt off next to Dan? I'd like a piece of that :)
Post a Comment