Growing Ever Growing

At almost 34 weeks and quite nearly 8 months pregnant,
my view from up high seems to be getting more and more limited these days.
I'm trying to do better at documenting my pregnancy this time around, because once it's over, it really is crazy how hard it is to remember what is was like.
(These are from about 30 weeks along)
We are getting more and more excited for the arrival of this little girl.
Crib's been painted, room is slowly getting organized and maybe even decorated, childbirth classes are being attended,
And the whole family can't stop talking about how we can't wait to meet the little rolly polly wiggle worm living inside my big round belly.

Cal loves giving my bare belly kisses and talks about his baby sister coming all the time. He says he wants to hold her and cuddle her so soft and demonstrates exactly how he'll do it. He will lovingly pat my tummy and say "I love that baby." He loves looking at other people's babies now and just has this look of fascination knowing that one of those is coming to us. I don't think he really understands what this event will actually mean for his life, but he definitely understands what a baby is and that one of them is coming to our family very soon, and she is inside Mom right now just waiting to get big enough.
I can't wait to see the two of them together.
(At 32 weeks pregnant--Cal trying to give his sister kissies)
I am still feeling really great actually. I do get a little more tired as the days go on and the feet are definitely sore by nighttime, but I've been surprised at how good I feel all around--keeping my fingers crossed this keeps up! I am staying busy trying to keep up with the house and all our errands, working on wrapping up photo projects, keeping Cal entertained by getting out and about to our various activities and enjoying the beautiful spring weather, getting the baby's room ready, and making it to the gym to exercise 3 or 4 times a week. I'm trying to take advantage of that as much as possible before the little one arrives and it won't be so easy.

We are also trying to do the best we can to have this baby naturally....that's right...al naturale. Call us crazy (I might be!), but we are actually really excited to give it a shot and I'm hoping it will give us our best chance at not having to have a c-section again. We are hoping for a few less emergencies than the last time around! :) So Dan and I have been busy, busy going to classes, practicing relaxation, and planning for the big day! Dan is awesome and so super supportive. I love him. Last night Cal was sick and I was tired and when he got home from work, he'd brought with him lots of vitamin C packed juice, a movie for Cal, and Chinese & ice cream for me. What a sweetheart.

Only about 6 more weeks to go!

Comments

6 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

ash, you look amazing! can't wait to see the little girly :)
and good for you trying to go natural - I always wonder how people do it...

Jen and Joe. said...

You can do it!! (I can't believe this is the first time I've commented here...)

You ABSOLUTELY can have an unmedicated birth! Go you!

Lu said...

I LOVE these pictures. Great perspective "the view from up top" I wish I would have taken a picture like that at the end of my last pregnancy because it is so hard to believe now.
You and Cal are both breathtaking in the other picture. What a perfectly captured moment. :)

Aaron and Sarah said...

You look amazing! I'm glad you are feeling great. Can't wait to hear when she arrives.

jenna said...

ash if i could look like you {at 34 weeks} NOT pregnant....i'd be feeling pretty fantastic! love that picture of you and cal. i can't believe i've never even met the lad! it's just been too long!

Miller Family said...

You are seriously so adorable!!! You look great. I REALLY hope you get your natural birth. I know you can do it.