One Year Older, but Maybe Not Wiser

Okay, going back through my pictures again trying to catch up. Back in August I celebrated the big 26. The day was a good one, because my little sis Amy came into town to visit for almost a whole week and because I share my birthday with one of my bestest friends in the world, Liz! So we got to do some celebrating together.

A couple days before our birthday, Jess Parks took Liz and I on a fun little girls night out. We ate some yummy food at Oscar's and then saw the movie The Time Traveler's Wife. We had some great laughs and as much fun as we always do on girls night out.


The breadsticks were yummy, the brownies.....not so much. :)



On my actual birthday, I picked Ames up from the airport around lunchtime and then we drove up to Encinitas and met Liz and her girls at Swami's for lunch. We walked around the meditation gardens and some of the shops nearby. That night we went out to dinner at Olive Garden with the Carpenters and the Parks and enjoyed some of my favorite Pumpkin Cheesecake.


Amy and Me at Swami's

Birthday Girls

I love this picture of Cal, Maddie, and Olivia at the Meditation Gardens





Aunt Amy and Cal at Olive Garden

Silly Boy turning two the next day!



Jess, Brooklyn and Me at Dinner

We have the same birthday just exactly one year apart.

The best birthday surprise though happened a couple weeks later, when Dan and Matt took Liz and I on a fun overnight date......pictures coming soon of that!

Comments

5 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

looks like so much fun, only wish I could have been there for a girls getaway! happy birthday, again, 26 isn't so bad :)

Jess and Matt said...

I love these pictures Ash! I hope you had a great birthday. I really enjoyed being a part of it!

Joan said...

Oh what fun! Happy Belated Birthday, dear :)

hdawgy said...

Ashley where did you get that sweater? Is it from Anthro? It's the cutest? Glad you had a fun bday!!!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Ditto to Lex...wish I could be there to hang wit da ladies! Happy much-belated birthday. I just saw that movie with my sister in the dollar theater...I thought it was pretty good...but what was with all the butts?!