Forts & Sidewalk Chalk

Entertaining this little munchkin is always on the brain. What can we do today to keep him from jumping off countertops, breaking mom's cool new thrift store vase, or hitting the dog in the head with a real baseball (or mom in the head with a golf ball....just happened actually, yesterday. grrr....)? Luckily he has a pretty good innocent face and so I usually forgive him pretty quickly......usually. But most days I just try and think of anything we can do that would be fun for him and me (other than relaxing in front of a movie :) ) to keep us both happy. 
Forts and sidewalk chalk are some of our new favorites. Here is proof.

Although Cal didn't know exactly what to do with a fort the first time Dan and I made one for him, he learned pretty quickly that you don't just throw your body on top of the blankets and make the whole thing fall over continuously.....that makes mom and dad mad. :) Once he figured out that the fun isn't on top of the fort, but inside, it was all good and we had a grand old time. He brought lots of his toys inside and we played pirates and hit everything we possibly could with his favorite red hammer. Because that is Cal for ya. 
I think the fun with forts is really just beginning.
001jpg1

002jpg2
003jpg3

Other days, after a nice afternoon snack.....
005jpg5
006jpg6
We like to go outside and play with sidewalk chalk. Cutest thing....one day while we were drawing out there I drew a picture of some of his favorite things, one being his blanket. I told him what it was and then he proceeded to talk sweetly to the cement in that spot and even laid his head down on it. It was so adorable. He kept yelling "kiki" at it since that is his name for his blankie.
004jpg4
009jpg9
He loves coloring on the ground, since inside he gets a time out for such behavior. :)
011jpg11
I have to kiss those cheeks, I just have to.
039jpg39
007jpg7
008jpg8
012jpg12
On this particular day he stumbled and got his first truly deserved bandaid. He thought it was pretty awesome after I finally got it on him. He pointed to his toe the whole afternoon and talked about his "owies", even on top of the 20 times a day he already does. So I made sure to give his big toe lots of get better kissies and all was good.
013jpg13
014jpg14
*These pictures are from back in March or April

Comments

3 comments:

Ashley and Aaron said...

Finn is ALL about forts...he is always asking me to build him another one...a great way to keep them entertained! I also love that Cal snuggled the picture of his blanket on the sidewalk. These pictures are all so cute but the last ones are my favorite, Cal is such a little model!

Miller Family said...

What a cute kid! And seriously you take the cutest pictures of him. You must be good at drawing, if I tried to draw a blanket it would just look like a square :)

Zane and Lexi said...

oh man, baby z loves forts too!! if we don't have one built, he finds the smallest, darkest spot - like behind the T.V. stand or under the chair. Must be a little boy thing!! cute pics :)