
So I know photographers are kind of a dime a dozens it seems, but I think almost my whole life I have had this secret dream of becoming one. I LOVE pictures and I love seeing different people's interpretations of the world through photos and how they portray emotions and situations in unique and beautiful ways. Although I never considered myself to be much of an artist, I've always classified myself as an "art appreciater". Pictures make me happy and they inspire me. I've talked about it since we've been married and a few years ago we even bought a really nice camera. Dan has always encouraged me to just do it and start taking classes, practicing, etc. and until now I just haven't gotten the courage or taken the big step towards really doing it. I've talked with my friend Lexi about getting into it for years and I started looking for classes to take in my area. Then I talked to her a few months ago when I'd been thinking a lot about giving it a shot and when she told me she'd started getting into it to0, I think she just inspired me to go for it, and I took the step to actually enroll in classes.
So, I finally did it! I've been taking some classes for fun now since July and I am just loving it! I have learned so much and it has been a great outlet/hobby for me. I still have so so so much to learn and I am really just a beginner, but I am enjoying it so much that I hope to continue with it and keep practicing. One issue I've had is that our computers are old and really need to be replaced so I'm having a hard time downloading all my photos, editing them, etc. so we are working on getting a solution for that soon. Once I do I plan on starting a little photography blog to post my work and just track my progress, etc. and I'll keep this blog more just the family photoblog. I'll let you know when I've got that up and running. In the meantime though I'm just practicing, practicing, practicing and I'd like to start building a portfolio. Since portraits are my very favorite, I'd love to have people to practice with! So if you wouldn't mind being a guinea pig and you'd like some free family photos, please let me know!
I would love to take your pictures...babies, kids, families, engagements, anything!
My New Hobby
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 | 16 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
16 comments:
Hey aaron and I are actually wanting a photo of us and our dogs for our holiday card this year. Would you be able to come up to Laguna one day and take them of us at our favorite beach??? We could set it up so we could hang out too...we could take you and Dan to dinner to trade for the pics.
FINALLY! I can't wait to start seeing more of your stuff :) isn't it just fun to shoot and then go home to see what you got out of it! I LOVE IT! I'm jealous you still get to take classes, you'll need to teach me all your technical tricks! miss you guys
P.S. did you get a new 50 mm lens???!!!
Any chance you will be in Utah over Thanksgiving???
Ashley that's awesome! I want family pics done for free! You can totally practice on us! Just come up to Rexburg and we can do it! haha
Hi Ashley!
I am so excited that I found your blog :D I have loved catching up on all that you guys are up to. Cal is so cute! He seems like a real sweetie :) Now I won't have to pester your mom about how you are doing :D
I love photography as well. good luck! I am sure you will develop your talents well. If you come to visit, I have just started thinking about our christmas pic... so I 'd love to have you do it... have a great day!
Are you going to be in Portland anytime soon?:) I would LOVE for you to snap us. Way to go... I would like to get into it a little and believe it or not I have 3 credits to go for my degree (I know what the heck am I waiting for) but I have been looking for a photography class. Did you take yours at an university?
Way to go Ash! I think that is really cool that you decided to just go for it. New things can always be a bit scary, but when you take the plunge it is always worth it! Congrats on not burying that talent!
taking pictures is so fun and so addicting! I know how you feel. I'm excited to see photos you come up with. Good luck!
Thanks Ash! You're so sweet! Well we won't be in AZ in October but I am going down the end of November for Julia's wedding! Did you know she is getting married? She is marrying that guy she has been dating for like 6 years now! They are getting married December 1st and me and Brooke are 2 of her bridesmaids! I am so excited for her! So I will be there the whole month of December and like the first week of January! I am so excited! So if you come down for Christmas we have to get together! I want to see you guys and meet little Cal! We are going to Disneyland for Christmas the 19th thru the 24th so you have to let me know where you will be at!
Way to grab the bull by the horns Ash! Go get em. Ummm, we are pretty much the best models and love anything free so call me if you want to shoot two star wars geeks and one red haired nerdy girl.
Sign us up Ash ... maybe while in there in Oct. You and Dan already take great pics so not really sure you needed the classes LOL but look forward to you new blog to see what you doing! Talk soon - hope to see you guys when you're here in a couple of weeks.
I would love to have you do them... the only thing is I think I may be headed to San Diego with the boys that weekend :( ( I think we're trading places )
Will you be heading back on Sun?
I'll let you know by Wed...
That is so exciting! Good for you! I have been saying the same thing for the longest time. What kind of camera do you have? I have wanted to get a nice camera, but wanted to learn more about them first, but you have to have the camera to take classes. :) I can't wait to see your pictures. I wish we lived closer, I have been wanting to get more pictures of Bailey taken. Keep us posted on your progress to inspire those of us who are a step behind! Your little guy is growing so fast, he's such a cutie!
Good for you! What an awesome talent that is! You are going to be so fantastic, and I'm so excited for you!
I had to comment again to bring up the issue of visiting Zane and Lex...Aaron and I really want to go with you guys! Is it a real possibility for you or just a pipe dream? Because I'm thinking we should go this Spring...let's open up a discussion on the subject!
Post a Comment