Tagged!!!

Okay, So I've been tagged by a few people (Liz, Gin, Misti) and I've just never gotten around to actually following through. But lo and behold I am finally going to do it! So here are the general rules of the tag (all the ones I've been tagged with have been similar): Each player lists 6 facts/habits/embarrassing moments about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags other people. Here goes....

1. I'm pretty much obsessed with the movie Pride and Prejudice. (And the book as well) I can literally watch it over and over again and never tire of it. I absolutely LOVE the long 6 hour version but I also really really like the short, newer version too. I must confess that I watch one or the other probably every few weeks. There is just something about when Mr. Darcy declares his love to Elizabeth Bennett that gets me every time. I practically cry. Haha--I'm such a sap.

2. When I go shopping and get something new I have this funny thing where I really like to keep it all wrapped up beautifully in it's tissue paper and bag sitting on my bedroom floor to just enjoy for a few days. I know I'm crazy but there is just something about basking in its newness that I love. It just seems like once I get say a shirt and hang it up then the magic of it being new is over or something. If I keep it in the bag and glance at it every so often its so much more exciting...almost like an unopened present. Haha.....I'm so weird.

3. I'm the biggest scaredy cat I know. Ever since I was a kid my family has had to filter out of the movie selection I watch any remotely scary, frightening, overly dramatic, or just flat out sad movies just to avoid me getting awful nightmares and panic attacks. I guess visual stuff just affects me more deeply than most people and I can't get images out of my mind. Poor Dan....he's stuck watching romantic comedies and all too girly chick flicks for the rest of his life. :) He's a good sport though and tries to watch his action movies and dramas when I'm not around so I don't freak out that our house is going to burn down or an intruder is going to get us in the middle of the night.

4. I LOVE the feel of clean sheets and a freshly fluffed bed. (We have a big down cover over our mattress) It's my favorite!

5. In the 8th grade I was a huge dork (not that I'm not still, but I DEFINITELY was then :) ). I was in the school musical that was some random lame show called something like Kids Radio. For my part in the play, which we performed in front of the entire school, I actually had to dress up like a chicken and lay an egg while bocking to Beethoven's 5th. (Remember, I said 8th grade, NOT 1st!) Yes, at the end of the song I actually did hold up a golden egg that I pulled out from under me. Sad, I know. Very sad. Yet true. :)

6. I pretty much love playing any and all sports. I played lots of sports in high school and sometimes I miss it so much. I just love being active and really enjoy exercising even if it is just on a machine at the gym. But I also love to do active things outdoors like hiking, walking/jogging, etc. I think both are so much fun and it makes me feel good. I just wish I could find more time to do it now that Calvin's here! If anyone is ever in need of someone to get out and go exercise with just give me a call.

That's it.....now's here is who I tag: Holly R., Jess W., Allyson, and Lianna

Comments

4 comments:

Jen said...

Call me anytime and I will definitely excercise with you!

Jenny said...

I'm with you on Pride & Prejudice and leaving the new clothes in the bag... :)
One time we rented the entire first season on 24 and watched several episodes a night until we had watched the whole thing and it was so intense that it literally gave me nightmares. I can't watch that show anymore. Is that normal?

The Prigmore Family said...

When you come to SD for xmas we are putting on a christmas pagent. My Dan will be Joseph, I will be Mary, Luke will be one of the 3 kings, your Dan will be a wise man, Cal will be baby Jesus and you will be laying an egg in the manger. You better start practicing your squats.

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

Betsy!-
I know this is totally random. It is Ashleigh Palmer!! Tiffanys friend that went to lake powell with you guys? Dont ask how I found you, but I did! It is so good to see you are all doing wonderful. It is great to see Danny and Grandpa Mciff too. Hope you are fabulous!