Remember these?

Yeah, I know, I am JUST getting around to blogging them. I just can't seem to keep up lately and have been a little under the weather--which never exactly helps. There is still so much I wish I did differently or wanted to do with these but I just haven't had the time to get to it and other projects usually come first, so I just decided to at least wrap them up where they were and be done with it for now. There is time to be a perfectionist later I suppose. :) If anything, this was just a good exercise in feeling empathy for the family's I get to photograph. Family pictures are A LOT of work. I totally understand and feel the pain. But in the end, it is worth it.
I am so excited to have some fun, fresh, different, and updated pictures of the three of us, not to mention just a few alone with my Dan, which are always rare, and even a couple of just me, which I don't normally love at all, but I've needed some for my photo bus. stuff. I'm really pleased with how they all turned out. We got some sexy ones of just Dan too, but he wouldn't let me post them. What a party pooper. :)
Anyhow, another big thanks to my brother-in-law, Andrew, who was such a sport about using an unfamiliar camera, getting a 2 year old to try and cooperate, trying to listen to all my crazy instructions and ideas, and handling a rather prickly location with a big smile the whole time. He's the best and has some serious talent. I wish he had a website for his photos because he does some awesome stuff.
Here is the result.
Here is the result.




















Comments
12 comments:
these are perfect! I love them - my fav is the last one :) you and dan could be models though...seriously! ok, so now you just need to come to Utah and take my family pics.... PLEASE!!
hope you are feeling better soon, it was so fun to chat the other day!
Ash trash i like the red lips. Those pictures rock. I love them.
HooooooooLy Cow! Love the pics! Especially love the very last one of the three of you. Also, the pic where Dan is back to the camera and its just you leaning on his shoulder....you look so much like Mom to me. So beautiful in every way.
Ashley, those are beautiful! What a model-like family you have! :)
Beautiful photos. There is so much magic in the one with you and Dan (with his back to the camera--I can't see some of them for some reason. They aren't loading on my SLOW computer)...I know that sounds cheesy...but I mean it :) I can just look at the picture and know you two are in-love. It makes me happy.
Everything is perfect about them. Everything.
These pictures are amazing!!! I love all of them, especially the last one. Very creative. You'll have to snap a few of us when we visit next year, I love your work.
Are you freaking kidding me?!? Ash, those are the best family pictures I have ever, EVER seen. I am so in love with them ALL. You are stunningly gorgeous, and have THE most adorable family on the planet. That's it, I am planning a trip out there so you can work your magic on us. I am sure it won't compare, but we can try, right? love you to pieces.
LOVE LOVE LOVE them ALL!! You're gorgeous!!!
Amen to what Jess said...seriously these are out of control. Not only do you have a family of models, but your artistic choices (blanket, goblets, poses, clothing etc.) makes these serious fashion magazine quality. My favorite is the one of you holding up Cal...just gorgeous.
LOVE THEM!! You guys are adorable!
I LOVE the bite-the-chair one! And Ash tossing Cal in the air is precious! Love them all!
Post a Comment