We've Moved to San Francisco!

Okay so another post very long awaited. We have finally moved to San Francisco and Dan has started working here at Grey San Francisco which is an advertising agency. Dan got the offer from them 2 weeks ago and that weekend we were in the truck moving all our stuff across the country. I actually got to fly since Dan's brother came out to drive with him so I got a lucky break, but fortunately Dan and matt arrived safely and nothing was damaged! Let me tell you it was some seriously fancy driving trying to get that 25 foot truck up some of these steep hills! Well, San Francisco is great so far. Very different and so much to see and do. We've just been trying to get settled and get our apartment together so far so that is why there aren't too many pictures yet of our place. I'll put more up as soon as it is more presentable. These pictures are mostly just of what is around us. Views from our apartment, etc. We live a few blocks east of the beach, Ocean Beach, and a few blocks north of Golden Gate Park. It is pretty amazing. We haven't been to the beach yet but I do get to see it every day from my office window which is a very nice treat. We have been to the park several times--I take Cruiser on walks down there sometimes during my lunch breaks. We live in an area called Outer Richmond and it takes about 25-35 mintues to drive our car into the actual city. (It's only like 5miles but it takes awhile with all the stop signs). I've only ventured to drive myself down there once and it was quite an adventure. Last weekend we went to the cutest restaurant with our friends Matt and Liz called 'Mama's'. It had the most delicious breakfast food. They drove us on Lombard Street and past the Golden Gate Bridge. Dan and I have also been shopping in the city one evening, but other than that we haven't spent much time down there together, so we're exciting to do some exploring. Dan rides an express muni bus down to the financial district everyday and it seems to work out well. He loves walking through the city listening to the iPod and just taking it all in. There is so much to see!!!! Other than missing all of our friends terribly, knowing where everything is, and being able to park wherever you want, whenever you want, the city is great and we are excited to get to know it better. We will keep you all updated on our findings.

This is the view of the beach from out office window/minature balcony.

This is our living room, very unfinished and without anything on the walls. We are really excited to have a fireplace!

This is the front of our building. We are the middle/second flat. We like having those bay windows in front.

This is a view from our front living room window. The houses across the way twinkle at night when the sunsets. It is beautiful. I always laugh though how many cables there are hanging everywhere. There are thousands!

This is the view standing in front of our building. The trees in the distance are Golden Gate Park which we love!

Comments

1 comments:

Connor said...

How exciting! I'm glad you guys made it safe and sound. Good luck to Dan in his new job, I'd love to hear about some of his upcoming projects!