Happy First Birthday to our little Juney-Bug!!
It is so hard to believe that a year has already flown by since you joined our family. We have been immeasurably blessed to have you and are so grateful you are ours! Your sweet little personality is such a joy and you bring countless smiles to our home. You are one special little lady Sissy girl! We love you!!!
XOX-
Momma, Daddy, and Cal

(We were at my Mom's house for her 1st birthday so the birthday cake pictures happen to actually be taken in my baby high chair--where my 1 year old cake pictures were taken too! I had a care bear on my 1 yr old cake, so we put one on hers' too. Just for fun! :) )



(With her new baby and stroller. She loved putting the baby in and out, but also wanted to just sit in her stroller too!)

And here she on her birth day! Her birthday is on father's day this year so it was extra special!
Some things about our Scarlett girl at 1 year old:
- She is getting so playful and loves her family and big brother a lot!

(Cal is being silly here, but they were having so much fun on this stroller ride! This is back in March--9 months old.)
- She is a major Momma and Daddy's girl and has had quite a bit of stranger anxiety. But as long as we're near she is as happy as can be!
-She isn't walking quite yet, but is crawling around like crazy and walking all around the furniture as long as she is holding on. She stands up all by herself though without holding anything.
- She is a happy happy girl, but can also be very dramatic! Has lots of sass. :)
- Can throw a mean little tantrum--throwing herself on the floor and all. Good thing she is still little enough that it is cute and makes us laugh. :)
- She LOVES being outside. Put on some grubby pants and shoes and let her loose and she has a hay day. Dirt, grass, rocks, nothin stops her.

(I promise she is NOT a boy...these are just the only grubby clothes I had lying around for her to play outside in. I came into the kitchen and found her just sitting on the stairs all relaxed like this. It was so cute and she was so pleased with herself. I just had to take a few pics! Scarlett is 10 months old here:) )


- She LOVES swinging in her swing in the backyard. She'll just sit there forever.

(10 months old)
-Baths. This girls LOVES water, of ANY kind. She loves baths so much that I have to be really careful when I turn the water on, because if I turn my back for one second, she flips herself over the side of the tub like its nothin...clothes and all. She just can't wait to get in that water! And once she's in she just splashes and splashes and loves life. She also loves the water at the beach and has NO fear yet. Scary!!!
- She is starting to just jabber away with a few words here and there....Daddy, Uh oh, and Mama as of today! :) And lots of silly sounds.
- She loves to clap her hands, wave, and especially point at everything!
- She loves to clap her hands, wave, and especially point at everything!
- The results are in and this girl has some serious Curls! Just like her brother. I guess we make blonde curly q's. :)

(10 months old on Easter)
- She loves playing with Cal's toys: blocks, legos, lizards, cars. Good thing she got a baby and stroller for her birthday! :) She does LOVE her baby though.
- She is a great sleeper! We've been so lucky all year long! Sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes two good naps! Makes Mommy so happy!
- She is a great eater and is still nursing like a champ - But we're gonna try weaning soon!
-She's got 5 teeth. 2 on top, and 3 on bottom!
- She is such a cuddly little bug and just the sweetest little thing! We love having this girl in our family!!

(Scarlett at 9 months old)



And just for fun, I was looking through my baby book and found this picture of me when I was one. What do you think? Do we look alike?? :)



Comments
4 comments:
She is so adorable ash. She looks just like you but I've always thought that. love you
What a little doll! I can't believe she is already one year old. Time goes by way to fast. You can totally tell that she and Cal are siblings, they look a lot alike. I hope you guys are enjoying your new house! You should post some pictures.
So fun. What a cute little gal. You do such a great job at capturing your kids...such beautiful pictures. All her little headbands (I'm assuming are from Liz?!) are so adorable -- she's such a chic little one!
Hi, Hot Mom! Seriously...those pics of you and your babies on Mothers Day. You are a hottie. Embrace it, Ash. Its a fact :)
Post a Comment