Corporate America....Here We Come!

So big changes here around the Henry household!
Dan got a new job!!! Hooray!!! We are so excited.
He will be working for Hewlett-Packard here in San Diego as a Marketing Campaign Manager.
I'm so so proud of him for working so dang hard and landing such a great opportunity for our family. And Yippee!! We get to stay in San Diego. Although his old job was still going well he was just so ready for a change and a transition into something new. We are so grateful and feel very very blessed. An answer to lots of prayers.
So after about 7 interviews, a lot of waiting, and some intense background checks (we were sure the next thing they were going to ask for was a sample of his blood :) ), he got the call a couple weeks ago with the good news and he started Monday!

He just finished his first week and is so far enjoying his new gig and the new people he is working with.
Although he'll miss working at the beach and the occasional surf session on his lunch break, we are super excited about all the new opportunities and challenges and this new direction for his career that he has been wanting to take for awhile. And I'm thrilled he'll be a little closer to home and that maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to find ourselves a little fixer upper house and get a bit more settled now. Fingers crossed!

It'll be interesting to see how he likes Corporate America and the land of cubicles and Blackberries--haha, definitely a change from where we have been!  And I have to admit it makes me happy. For me, it just sounds a little refreshing to have a "real" HR department to call for questions. :)
And even though it may appear we are crossing enemy lines (haha--we all know about the Henrys and their Apple fanatacism :) ) he actually will be working on the printer business side of things...so it looks like we're safe. For now....
 AND that he'll be keeping his iPhone.....much to his great satisfaction. :)

I'm sure there will be ups and downs but one thing's for sure--I'm so proud of Dan for this great promotion and this new chapter in our lives. He so deserves it and I have all the confidence in the world he'll do great!


Congrats Danny! We love you!

Comments

4 comments:

AmySue said...

I'm so excited for you guys :) Great job, Dan!! And that picture of Dan is fabulous! Man, does he have perfect teeth...

Jess and Matt said...

Wow, congratulations! Sounds like an amazing new step for your family. Love the picture of Dan.

Zane and Lexi said...

Yea for Dan! Is this photo on his resume? It should be. We're really excited for you guys cause we know how excited you are :)

Miller Family said...

Way to go Dan!! I'm happy he found something that suits him better, and happy for what it means for your family.