Big Brother

This little man deserved his own post for what a trooper he has been the last month. He has seriously taken to all this change amazingly and I am so proud of him. Now, I know I shouldn't speak too soon and that there will inevitably and without question be times in the future that he will struggle, but he has so far, done so so so well with his new sister. He has been the sweetest big brother. He loves her so much and tells me all the time. He hasn't really shown any jealousy so far and has been so helpful, sweet, and understanding when I need him to be--especially when the baby needs me and I can't help him right away with something. I really was expecting the worst--lots of fits when he didn't have my undivided attention or anger at the baby for taking the limelight away from him, but really I haven't noticed almost any change. He is my little helper and loves to do whatever he can to assist me with baby things. He sings Twinkle Twinkle to her and likes to talk so sweet to her. He sits next to her in the car and gives me the play by play on if her eyes are open or closed but is really good about not bugging her or touching her. He has just been the perfect combination of not being smothering but totally paying her attention and giving her lots of love and acceptance. I really just couldn't have asked for a better transition to 2 kids (minus the crazy sicknesses that have plagued us the last few weeks! :) ). I love seeing them together and hearing Cal talk about all the things he wants to do with her someday when she gets bigger like him. It just warms my heart. He really is such a good big brother. No, he's not perfect and he is still my wild, crazy, energetic little man that can often be found in "time out" for one thing or another throughout the day or week, but he really is a sweetheart and I just love every second of being this boy's mommy. I love you Cal. Thanks for being my good boy. Especially when I needed it.











Comments

4 comments:

AmySue said...

So...I just thought I would ask.... Do you think you and Dan could have a child for me? I mean one that looks exactly like Cal? Thanks.... ;)

Kristen M said...

I can barely stand how stinkin cute calvin is. Saw your mom a couple weeks back in AZ and she must have thought I was obsessed with how much I was gushing over your two beautiful kids.

Aaron and Sarah said...

Oh Ashley, Scarlett is just so beautiful and Cal is such a sweet big bro. I hope you all are feeling much, much better.

Marc and Allyson Rogers said...

Can't tell you have wonderful it was to spend time with your precious Calvin (and you and Dan and Scarlett, of course). I'm soooo glad my kids (or at least my girls, this year :-) will know their cousin and have fond memories of him! Hope it's not too long before we can get our families together again! Miss you already!