Yesterday, April 11th, 2007 my Grandpa Updike passed away. Although he has struggled with health issues the last 2 or 3 years it was somewhat unexpected. Fortunately, he was at home with my Grandma Cheri, and I'm so grateful to know he is in a good place and he is being reunited with my grandmother Ethel, his first wife. I am so glad I got to see Grandpa this past Christmas. He is a great man and we will all miss him a lot. It will never be the same going to Colorado and not having him there at his cabin, or not having him at all our events taking lots of pictures. I will miss his zest for life and his passion for health, his cheerful smile and his friendly, loving phone calls. The past few years he has been so sweet and has stayed in close contact with Dan and I. I am grateful for such a kind grandfather and I am proud to be part of his posterity. We love you Grandpa and we will miss you dearly...until we meet again!!
Grandpa & Grandma Updike on their wedding day
Grandpa fishing in beautiful Colorado
As a young dad messing around with the kids in the backyard
Visiting Grandpa at Christams 3 years ago with my sister Amy, brother Jon, and with Dan.
Grandpa and Cheri at the San Diego Temple on my wedding day
In 2003 at my wedding reception
Grandpa Updike Passes Away - Earl Franklin Updike 2/16/22 - 4/11/07
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Thursday, April 12, 2007 | 5 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
5 comments:
Ash, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how close you were to him. We love you guys and are thinking about your family at this hard time!
I am so sorry! I lost my Grandma last year (on our anniversary) it's not a fun thing to go through! I'm so sorry, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers, if you need anything let us know!
Ash, I am so sorry about your grandpa. I remember him, and playing with you and Amy at his house. He was a wonderful man, and I pray for your comfort and peace at this time.
Ash, i am so sorry to hear grandpa updike passed away. he is such a nice man. are you doing ok? let me know if you need anything. we love you guys.
Hey Ashley,
I am sorry to hear the news. It is hard to let them go. I just love grandparents. They are awesome. I am thankful for the gospel and having an eternal perspective. Your in our prayers. Take care, with Love, Mara
Post a Comment